10 Tips To Ace The Upcoming NTPC Exam
The NTPC exam is conducted annually by the Railway Recruitment Board. It is an All India level examination to recruit candidates for Non-Technical Popular Categories to fill various auxiliary posts in the Indian Railways. Currently the recruitment of NTPC 2019 is under process, the exam which is scheduled to be conducted from December 15th 2020 onwards.
The RRB has announced a total 35208 vacancies for the Non-Technical Popular Categories and the number of applicants for the said vacancy is in lakhs due to lucrative pay package and promising career. Aspirants willing to appear for the next recruitment of NTPC exam can visit the RRB NTPC Apply Online page for relevant details.
Since the RRB NTPC examination witnesses a whooping number of applicants each year the competition for the exam also reaches a new scale every year. Therefore, it becomes important for aspirants to leave no stone unturned while preparing for the exam.
This article aims to provide a few workable preparation tips to candidates so that the stature of their preparation is next level and they clear the exam in the first attempt itself.
The selection process for RRB NTPC is divided into 4 stages
- CBT Stage – 1
- CBT Stage – 2
- Skill / Aptitude Test
- Document Verification and Medical Examination
Any candidate who manages to qualify all the stages of Non-Technical & Popular Category examination is appointed to various posts in Railway NTPC.
Hence, to help candidates perform exceptionally well in the upcoming NTPC exam given below are important tips for exam preparation.
- Being thorough with the Railway NTPC syllabus. Candidates must make sure they go through the entire syllabus and prepare each and every topic equally well to excel the examination. Having a clarity on the strong concept of every topic covered in the syllabus is of utmost importance. Knowing the syllabus and exam pattern in-depth is vital as aspirants can dedicate their precious time in strengthening their conceptual knowledge on topics they are good at.
- Chart out a strategic study schedule. It is essential that an aspirant makes a proper time table and diligently follows the plan to prepare for the examination. He/she needs to ensure that an equal amount of time is being spent in the preparation of each section and no important topic is left for the last minute preparation.
- Time management is the main and major. All the online examinations are about time management. More number of questions answered correctly in the stipulated time, more is the probability of being shortlisted. This can only be done if a candidate practises more often and gradually spends less time in solving each question.
- Practice a lot of questions in a short span of time to score well. Remember, efficiency in the solving speed is crucial to crack any competitive exam like NTPC. Always aim to solve the maximum number of questions with accuracy so that there are higher chances of clearing the exam in the first attempt. Try to acquire skills of using shortcut tricks and tactics to solve questions within a short span of time. You can take online help from relevant sources and websites. Also, they can talk to experts or experienced people.
- Big NO to guess work. Aspirants are advised no to make wild guesses while marking the answers as this would reduce their overall score because of the incorrect answer, respectively.
- Always be updated on the daily affairs in the nation and world. Reading important newspapers, yearbooks and magazines upkeep the knowledge related to worldly affairs and hence helps cracking the general awareness section easily.
- Daily take up Mock tests. Solving the RRB NTPC mock tests is the best way for a candidate to understand the type of questions asked in the exam and the important topics from each section. Mock tests will help candidates analyse which subjects are their strengths and which ones are their weakness and require more practices and hard work to be put in.Candidates can check the RRB NTPC Mock Test on the linked page for evaluation of their preparation for the exam.
- The best way to understand the standard of examination, analyse the exam pattern and to apprehend your preparation is by solving the previous year question papers. Question papers will help candidates understand which topics are more important with respect to the examination and which ones are of lesser importance. Regularly solving the question papers of previous years and taking up mock tests rigorously help aspirants improve on every aspect related to the exam thereby improving chances of success in the first attempt.
- Aspirants are advised to go through the trends of cut off scores from previous years. It helps to get an idea of minimum qualifying marks and the number of questions that needs to be attempted in the exam.
- Be stress free. Candidates should make sure that they do not panic. The key to prepare for any examination requires a candidate to have a peaceful mind and sufficient study material. Only then can the preparation be done systematically and efficiently. Panicking at any stage of examination may only result in loss of time and energy.
At the least, it is imperative to understand that success thrives only when our mind works fast, and to help the mind it is important for aspirants to be in a relaxed state and keep away from all distractions and stress zones. Keep these tips in mind, to ace the exam in the first attempt. Remember that hard work is the key to success and putting in all the effort will surely give good results.